I'm Grace, owner and calligrapher of Grace Song Calligraphy, based in Toronto, Canada.
Most days you can find me in a classroom teaching, experimenting, and having a giggle with a bunch of 7-year olds. On evenings and weekends, I spend quality time with my brush pens and all things calligraphy.
I love sharing my tips and tricks when it comes to brush lettering, so I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to share everything I know and publish a book called Brush Pen Lettering. It was an item on my bucket list I never dreamed of doing and it seriously gives me the chills whenever someone tells me how helpful it is!
I create custom art pieces, event stationery and signage, and I’m also passionate about serving those new to brush calligraphy. I teach beginners the fundamentals in my workshops and inspire them to create beautiful letters for everyday situations or DIY their very own wedding!
When I’m not busy working on all things calligraphy, you can catch me exploring a new café, trying out a new recipe with my husband, or snuggling with our cat, Oliver.
People often refer to me as a glass half-full kind of person; I naturally seek the good in everyone and find positivity in different situations. But if we’re talking about a mug, it’s always (always!) full of coffee ;)
If you’re dying to hear more, here are 5 things you might not know about me.
- I wanted to be Dana Scully on The X-Files – forensic pathologist? Yep, totally cool.
- After not driving for so long, I’ve developed a fear and still wonder when I’ll (be forced to) get behind the wheel again.
- I have a black thumb but have been able to keep a Monstera and a few succulents alive – keep your fingers crossed for my plants!
- I love making lists and even make lists within lists.
- I’d love to own a café one day, geek over coffee making accessories, and make beautiful latte art.
Still here? Let’s connect! Click on the contact button below and let’s start a conversation.